Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Second 6 miler

On Friday morning I got up and got my long run in for the week. I took a day of "paid time off" (PTO) for a dentist appointment--and also because I just have a lot of days to use up before the end of the year! Even though I prefer doing long runs on Saturday, I decided to squeeze in the run on Friday because we were going up to Baltimore over the weekend to see family.

So this was my second 6 mile run ever (technically 6.2 since I decided to make it an even 10k). I felt fairly strong for the whole run, with enough energy left to kick it up at the end. I managed to negative split for the most part, but I think that had more to do with the fact that there was a slow gradual hill build up for the first 3 miles, and then turnaround and--yay!--gradual downhill. The hills are rolling but there's a net decline on the way back.

Here are my slow splits from RunKeeper!

miPace (min/mi)Elevation (ft)
112:2587
212:071
311:45-22
411:4814
511:43-8
610:52-53
710:22-14
I'm not really clear on how the elevation change works on RunKeeper because it says overall for the run the "climb" was 470 feet but if you add up the elevation column it certainly doesn't equal 470. 

Overall my average pace for the run was 11:44 with a total time of 1:12:41. I was happy with that and feel like I'm right where I want to be for the race at the end of October (4 weeks from today, wow!). 

I'm about to settle in for the Buffalo Bills game and hope to hit the gym later. I'll do a weekly workout round up later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment